I am unable to find words to describe all the things I think about and do these days. But, I do want to capture the first few weeks of my new life... :)
I don't think any other city will replace all that Bombay means to me. People around me crib about the sweat, the crowd, the dirt, the locals... I can't see it. I only see spirit, life, vibrant business, Gujarati business-effervescence, convenience, connectivity and... plain simple goodness of people! Fine, the cab-drivers act smart, the rickshaw-drivers say no, there are people pummeling you every second of the day, but, oh my god! It's Bombay! I can't get used to non-crowd! Here's to some special moments of the new life:
Sitting in Plateau Hall, with other people, most of whom I like, sharing, learning, laughing and talking... there is a certain camaraderie that we had created back in the summers and the bond has just become stronger... We miss Pandit too... the girl doesn't realise how much she figures in our conversations! :)
Going to Pune... well, it is Chakan, really, which is quite a few kilometers from Pune. But, the green green ground, the Pune climate, the music, the people around me, even the rickety bus - I felt at peace. I felt comfortable in my own skin.
Jumping across baby-bridges in the factory / resort that L'Oreal has built in Chakan. Shreevidya and I actually ran around the gardens and jumped across little bridges that crossed tiny pools at the factory. Girl-fun is so very satisfying!
My weekend with my SCMHRD people!! Nasty rat which went over my foot, umbrella-fun, beach-madness, marine drive, FOOD, Soda Lounge :P, GIRL-FUN, spiked Irish coffee, Bailey yummies, Pullu-Mouse-Toothpick who is now turning into a Toothbrush :P, WORLI SEA LINK with bollywood songs that seemed made for the occasion, facebook fun in an AC service apartment in Lokhandwala, Delhi belly ruining our bracket love, South Indian food in this aptly named place Banana Leaf :D A weekend like no other. Perfect, happy, carefree, precious and to be remembered for all time.
IMPROV COMEDY! Shaun Williams, I love you. You searching for chicks, right? Me chick, me chick! :D heee!! :D
CCD at 11 in the night with Toothpick and Pavitra! And then, not sleeping all night - 115 fun - during the last night in Bombay :) :)
Oh, Bombay, what will I do without you!
No comments:
Post a Comment