Saturday, March 17, 2012
Shah Rukh Khan
One of the perks of working in L'Oreal is that we get to do some uber-glamourous things - like rub shoulders with SRK! :D
I visited the Colours Screen Awards and watched the entire show from start to finish. Went with Pavitra and boy, are we happy about it! It was FAB FAB FAB to be at the same venue as Ranbir, Deepika, PC, Shahid Kapoor and the lot. I am not a huge Bollywood fan but I AM an SRK fan and he completely stole the show. He is the best host for such events - he livens up the entire event with his silly jokes, his funny mannerisms, his sly digs at people the industry as a whole has taken a dislike to... he defines COOL for me...
But, then, I also work in an industry that is very close to celebrities and fashion. And it is disconcerting to hear gossipy stories of people like SRK, who we think are super-cool. Case in point: When SRK's hairstylist - whose boyfriend works with Lancome - suddenly started talking about how everyone makes out with everyone - SRK-PC, SRK-KJ, Gauri-the whole world and what not! :-O I was sad. The Fall of the people on Pedestals all over again! Haha!
So, PC's agent is one damn funny gal. Or guy. I forget her name. But she is one crazy female. All boyish. Wearing a tilted cap. And talks and walks like a "bhai". We had to give her a goodie-bag. So, the Garnier trainess put in some Maybelline and some LP. And, then suddenly, there was a commotion... "Haw! For PC's agent???" Little did we know her... or him... haha!
What I love about all this is the utter newness! It is another world! What they said about Marketing being glamourous is so very true! It is. I might be doing mere execution, but it is still worth it to be so close to decision-making, to be so close to influencers.
I want to be with Kiehl's! Pleeeeej!!! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment