When sane, I once wrote about how awed I was to visit Mphasis and Aditya Birla Minacs, which made the 12th pass and the below average educated student living in Tier II employable. IT companies like these, which act as BPOs for cellphone service companies, which require local language proficiency are a boon because they make people who would otherwise have been unemployed employable - within a strong global corporate culture at that. There are an astounding number of women working at these places too. I am not too sure about how long these women will work, but even a year makes for good exposure. And it makes them see sense too, in the way of educating their kids when they have them.
The point of THIS blog is that, apart from IT, I have found another industry that makes people employable and leapfrog poverty. Hotel Management. It is astounding how I love talking to people and just start gossiping with them haha. But, yes, I met 3 people reflecting trainers, students, drop-outs who went to "Hotel Management" to gain a fresh career - and, wow. Hotel Management is big! It also does not require anything beyond people skills and a little bit of brains to master that specific restaurant / outlet / hotel. After that, these people become employable. They become skilled at conversation. They become, in the words of the famous company ;) "Worth it". :P
I am going to ensure that when I begin something of my own, that's only my own, I contribute in this way and not in the way of snapdeal.com - oh, not the deals site, but the the village in Uttar Pradesh. Ha ha.
The point of THIS blog is that, apart from IT, I have found another industry that makes people employable and leapfrog poverty. Hotel Management. It is astounding how I love talking to people and just start gossiping with them haha. But, yes, I met 3 people reflecting trainers, students, drop-outs who went to "Hotel Management" to gain a fresh career - and, wow. Hotel Management is big! It also does not require anything beyond people skills and a little bit of brains to master that specific restaurant / outlet / hotel. After that, these people become employable. They become skilled at conversation. They become, in the words of the famous company ;) "Worth it". :P
I am going to ensure that when I begin something of my own, that's only my own, I contribute in this way and not in the way of snapdeal.com - oh, not the deals site, but the the village in Uttar Pradesh. Ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment